Hello hello hello!! Great 11 hours of #communityradio and some fantastic music shows ahead of us!
By the people of York, for the people of York, in the heart of York!
- Midday – 1pm – #thelunchtimerush with Declan Minskip
Cheerful good music selection!
- 1 – 2pm – The Poetry Show & Stairwell Books Presents…
This Monday on The Poetry Show: FRIENDS, followed by Stairwell Books Presents: A NEW DAWN for The Poetry Show!
+ news about launch events.
- 2 – 3pm – It is the LGBT Hour with Jake Furby.
- 3 – 4pm – This hour is currently vacant so it’ll be a pick ‘n mix.
If you would like to present/produce your own show,
please contact: email@example.com
- 4 – 6pm – Mr. Judge To You; Bank Holiday Special…. featuring York’s Open Mic/ Acoustic Night Legend Chris Barnes, and Mr. Judge himself with live (and unlive) holiday musical offerings for your delicate sunburnt ears!
- 6- 7pm – Coastin’ is a brand new show from Stephen Allan and will have features on the big new uk 2018 coasters and a new feature on relocated rides, plus music from Robbie Williams, Elvis, Pink and more!
- 7 – 8pm – #MTTY this month is a Eurovision special, featuring Sandie Shaw, Brotherhood of Man, Johnny Logan, Cliff Richard and others.
- 8 – 9pm This week’s All That Brass delves into the lively history of brass bands in York and further afield – and there’s plenty of music too, from classics to Cuban and from sunshine soul to jazz trad and street in All That Brass with Kate Lock.
- 9 – 10pm – We will be visiting the archives and bringing you a
Soul Show from weeks gone by as Paul Coull can’t
be with us this evening.
- 10 – 11pm – Upside Your Mind takes you on a trip from the
Basement to the Tropics and back – eclectic.
Two Rivers Radio C.I.C is run by a dedicated team of volunteer presenters, producers and technicians. We produce 11 hours of fresh, independent content every week and are looking to expand our schedule.
If you would like to come on board as a producer or a presenter or would like to know about how else you can support this exciting community media project then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, if you like what we’re doing – please like, share, comment, invite your friends, join us at the Corner Pin for a pint, and follow us on our other social media channels @TwoRiversRadio
Good Morning snowy (hopefully not anymore) York!
Tune in today for ALL this at:
At 1pm the Podcast Poets are back with The Poetry Show –
First up, a playback of a show w Laurence O’Reilly and guest Tanya Parker: History Rewritten! Or, Tory Policy heh. Then we’ll chat with Bob Horton, scientist and poet, about his thoughts on society, history, science, poetry, and so on. I’ll also promote the upcoming Poetry For All event, this Saturday, March 24, at St Clements Hall, presented as part of the York Lit Fest.
4pm means it’s time for Upside Your Mind –New week, new mix! More music from across the globe, from the present, past and the future! Music from the Tropics to warm us the hearts!
From 5 till 7pm we have Just Jessin’ About for you!
Live and loud in the Two Rivers studio
Plenty of exclusives and always funky, Just Jessin’ About is an appointment to listen for anybody with dancing feet!
Between 7 and 8pm it’s Music History 101:
Christian Greenwood presents the history of a classic band every month!
This week we are going to hear about Dusty Springfield and look at her entire career from the late 50’s to the 90’s.
At 8pm we have Compost John’s Recycled Radio Show!
If you would like to get in touch to show your support for what our team of hard-working volunteers are doing; perhaps you’d like to get involved (no experience required) – please contact us here: email@example.com
Alternatively, pop in and see us at our pop-up studio in the back room of The corner pin, Tanner Row, York. 🙂